Friday, November 12, 2010

Shiver-The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series

I am sad to say that there are books that I dig my heels in and say, "No, I'm not going to read that. I will never read that." Usually it is because of the impression I get from the cover, or the things I have read about it from other people. Well, I need to learn that these often become my favorite, or at least well-liked books, in my library.

This book is a perfect example. The first in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series is the beautifully written story of Grace and Sam, two that are destined to be together. Sam saved Grace when a wolf-pack attacked her when she was just a child. He checked on her every winter after that. Grace saw him, but never knew who he was, because she only saw him when he was a wolf.

 Sam is a werewolf, but the moon doesn't cause him to change form. Instead, heat and cold force him from human to animal. During the winter he is trapped in his wolf body. Soon, the time he stays there will become longer and longer, until he doesn't change back to a person.

This is the story of how they meet as people and fall in love. It is propelled by beautiful description, unique but believable characters, and storyline that may sound like one you've heard before-but definitely is not.


No comments:

Post a Comment