Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Raven Boys

by Maggie Stiefvater

Goodreads Summary:
"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark's Eve," Neeve said. "Either you're his true love . . . or you killed him."

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them-not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He has it all-family money, good looks, devoted friends-but he's looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys.

My Review:
I love most everything by this author. I really enjoyed this story--but I didn't love it. One of the author's strengths is creating characters true to themselves, and true to the 'real world' and I guess I didn't feel that 100% of the time with these characters. At least not to the degree that I felt with Scorpio Races and The Wolves of Mercy Falls series.

That being said, this is a story wrapped in mystery. I am compelled to read the next book. I want to know how Blue will relate to Gansey, and what it means for the future for both of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment